18th Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Eighteenth Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Mu Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
Like the other elements of Mu Galaxy, the Eighteenth Wolf Garrison Cluster was primarily founded after the founding of the Wolf Empire using Spheroid personnel. The Eighteenth and the other elements of Mu were recruited from a swathe of former Free Worlds League worlds of no particular affiliation, from the region between the Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey and the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. Unwanted and prone to interplanetary grudges, these worlds had nothing in common other than interstellar geography, and this posed particular problems for Clan Wolf.
Although the Spheroid personnel of the Eighteenth were volunteers, the realities of life under a Clan resulted in the Eighteenth taking little interest in training. By 3145, Mu had only fought one exercise involving the entire Galaxy, and that descended into a live-fire brawl as the Eighteenth and the other Clusters squabbled over grudges between their homeworlds that went back centuries. Petty crimes like desertion and theft became increasingly commonplace, and a shortage of Clan warriors made it difficult to enforce the traditional Clan punishments for such crimes - particularly as commanders prone to harsh discipline had a tendency to die in fatal "accidents". The Eighteenth and the other elements of Mu had swiftly highlighted to the Wolves all of the negative elements of local cultures being brought together.
Eighteenth Wolf Garrison Cluster (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Delores
- - At this point in time the Eighteenth was stationed on Labouchere and was operating at less than two-thirds of full strength. Although the Eighteenth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Mu Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Mu Galaxy"