1st Lipton Protectorate Militia Division
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|1st Lipton Protectorate Militia Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 3076)|
|Parent Formation||Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Lipton Protectorate Militia Division was one of many Protectorate Militia Divisions to be raised by the Word of Blake during the Jihad to bolster the defences of the Word of Blake Protectorate without adding undue strain to their supply lines of high-technology equipment. The 1st Lipton was raised from the population of Lipton and focussed on the protection of that same world; in common with the other Protectorate Militia Divisions, the 1st Lipton would have drawn on local feelings of patriotism, something the Word used to build a reliable defensive line. As a local militia formation the 1st Lipton would have lacked special weapons or directives.
The 1st Lipton was unusual, in that it was one of the few Protectorate Militia Divisions to be moved from its homeworld and deployed in an offensive action by the Word of Blake. In the case of the 1st Lipton, this involved being deployed in a Blakist counteroffensive on Dyev against forces from Clan Ghost Bear. The other forces who joined the 1st Lipton on Dyev were the 28th and 32nd Militia Divisions augmented by the 3rd Bryant, 2nd New Earth and 1st Zosma Protectorate Militia Divisions.
It was reported by Word of Blake media outlets that after landing around Trogport and the planetary capital, Novaya Mensk, the 28th, Bryant and Lipton Division forces used mine tunnels connecting to the Tupik chasm to hold off forces from the Ghost Bear Alpha and Omega Galaxies. 
Both the 28th and 32nd Militia Divisions are known to have been destroyed on Dyev in 3076; it is therefore very likely that the less well-equipped 1st Lipton was also destroyed in the same military action.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 127, "Protectorate Militias"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "A Time Of Cleansing"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103