21st Robinson Chevaliers
|Twenty-first Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Twenty-first Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Twenty-first the regiment was known as the "Hubert's Huscarls"; members of the Twenty-first identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
The Twenty-first specialized in defense, but by far the most skilled formation within the unit was the attached aerospace fighter wing, which specialised in undertaking pinpoint ground-attack missions. The Twenty-first's aerospace wing was considerably more skilled than the remainder of the regiment, as demonstrated by one of the aerospace fighter pilots destroying a bandit BattleMech via a strafing attack even as the bandit was grappling with the commanding officer of the Twenty-first's second battalion during a raid in the mid-2760s.
Twenty-first Robinson Chevaliers (Regular/Reliable)
- - The Twenty-first were stationed on Hazelhurst at this point in time. The Twenty-first was comprised of an assault-weight BattleMech regiment augmented by two additional permanently-attached conventional units, a mechanized infantry battalion and an aerospace wing. The Twenty-first's aerospace wing was widely acknowledged to be an elite unit, in contrast with the average performance of the remainder of the Twenty-first.
- The Twenty-first Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Twenty-first Robinson Chevaliers were most likely named after the fifteenth century Bavarian Order of Saint Hubert.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"