21st Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Twenty-first Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Tau Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
In common with the other elements of Tau Galaxy the Twenty-first Wolf Garrison Cluster was recruited almost entirely from the various graduating classes from 3139 to 3142 of the Allison MechWarrior Institute and the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School. Although Clan Wolf had to put all of the recruits through the Watch for vetting beforehand, making use of such a large pool of trained personnel made sense, and the Wolves streamed more 'Mechs and aerospace fighters into the Twenty-first and the other elements of Tau Galaxy than would usually be the case for a garrison formation. Despite this act of largesse, there still wasn't enough to allow the Twenty-first to be a full 'Mech Cluster, which meant that the Twenty-first had to use tank crews and infantry - both less well-trained than the MechWarriors and aerospace pilots - to fill the gaps in their order of battle.
Having mustered Tau Galaxy, the Wolf Empire had kept the Twenty-first and the other elements of the Galaxy focused on the Free Worlds League border, leaving the Twenty-first in the invidious position of resenting the quiet posting while also feeling conflicted over the lingering loyalties felt towards the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth, which had been responsible for their training. The Empire had little alternative, however; redirecting the Twenty-first to the Lyran Commonwealth border would've been the recipe for a diplomatic incident in the making.
Twenty-first Wolf Garrison Cluster (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Star Colonel Constance
- - At this point in time the Twenty-first was stationed on Laureles and was operating at just under two-thirds of full strength. Although the Twenty-first lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Tau Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Tau Galaxy"