Tau Galaxy (Clan Wolf)
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Shadow Wolves (3057)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Wolf Touman|
The Refusal War
They assaulted the Clan Jade Falcon world of Zoetermeer in 3057. This was followed by a visit to Evciler where they faced the 73rd Striker (Clan Jade Falcon), 6th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Clan Jade Falcon), 51st Garrison (Clan Jade Falcon) and 9th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Clan Jade Falcon).
The survivors of the Evciler campaign later jumped to Wotan, where the Jade Falcon Khans were located. By the 10th December, just prior to landing on Wotan, the best of the garrison pilots from Tau Galaxy had been transferred to reinforce front-line units. Only two full Garrison Clusters were left, the Fifth Wolf Regulars and the First Cavalry; these were to be used as reinforcements. On Wotan they engaged the defending Gyrfalcon Galaxy. The fighting was brutal, with Tau Galaxy and the defending Falcon forces suffering losses over 80%.
The Wars of Reaving
Tau survived the Refusal War as part of the short lived Clan Jade Wolf. With the reorganisation of the Wolf forces in 3058 Tau was disbanded, however, it was soon reformed for Home Worlds defence. The Galaxy spent most of 3065 and 3066 engaged in trials with Clans Ice Hellion and Fire Mandrill.
In November 3067 its Clusters defended the enclaves on Tiber, Roche, Dagda, Paxon and Hoard. The Red Keshik faced Clan Hells Horses in a Trial of Possession on Tiber in December. The Keshik broke zellbrigen and the Horses annihilated them with four Clusters and took most of the planet. In 3071 the remaining Star of the Seventh Wolf Dragoons on Dagda was attacked and destroyed by Clan Cloud Cobra. In December 3071 the last remaining Wolf enclave fell and the last Wolf warriors in the Home Worlds were wiped out by orbital bombardment from the Clan Steel Viper WarShip Snake Leader.
Tau Galaxy is recorded, perhaps erroneously, as a part of the Draconis Combine front during Operation SCOUR in 3077 serving under the overall command of Gunji-no-Kanrei Kiyomori Minamoto. Tau spent several weeks trying to liberate Quentin, facing a determined guerrilla campaign from the 47th Shadow Division. They were involved in the final battle for the planet which involved them working alongside the 1st Sword of Light to trap the Manei Domini in a pincer move around the Blakist's hidden mountain base near the planetary capital on the 10th of July. This action crushed the Shadow Division and left just a few stragglers to escape to a nearby Word of Blake WarShip.
After the formation of the Wolf Empire, Tau Galaxy was rebuilt with the graduating classes from Allison MechWarrior Institute and Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School. Practically every graduate from the 3139 through 3142 classes was assigned to Tau. These graduates still felt some loyalty to the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth, and were annoyed at having to be on the peaceful border with the Free Worlds League. Posting them to the Empire's Lyran Commonwealth border could've led to a diplomatic incident, so the Tau Galaxy soldiers remained on the League border.
|Commanding Officers of Tau Galaxy|
|Galaxy Commander||Nowa Vickers||3067|
|Galaxy Commander||Victoria Conners||3145|
Tau Galaxy 
- First Wolf Guards Battle Cluster
- Tenth Wolf Regular Battle Cluster
- Second Wolf Regulars Assault Cluster
- The Red Keshik 
- Fourth Wolf Garrison
- Fifth Wolf Garrison
- Sixth Wolf Garrison
- Seventh Wolf Dragoon
- Red Keshik
- Twenty-first Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Thirty-second Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Thirty-ninth Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Fifty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Twelfth Wolf Cavalry
Falcon and the Wolf notes the 11th Wolf Regulars attacked Zoetermeer in the Refusal War, while Bred for War states it was the 11th Wolf Guards. Falcon and the Wolf also notes the Eleventh Regulars as being the same formation as the Red Keshik in 3057.
- Objective Raids, p. 32
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 21
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 27
- Bred for War
- The Falcon and the Wolf, pp. 31-32
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 45-6
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 53
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 75, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table - 3067"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 32
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 67
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 83
- Field Report: Clans, p. 20
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 33, "Official Update 3"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 45
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171, "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 46