222nd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|222nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Reichenbach Regulars|
|Parent Formation||LII Corps|
The 222nd formed a part of LII Corps, Second Army, and in 2764 the unit was stationed on Rosamond, in District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region. Following the New Vandenberg Uprising the 222nd was deployed into District 2 of the FSMR by the end of 2765 to backfill for units deployed into the Periphery.
The 222nd took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign and by 2784 the division had been disbanded. One of the 222nd sub-units, the 567th Striker Regiment, joined the Lyran Commonwealth after the Hegemony Campaign.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 150
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 55, "222nd Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133