2nd Army (Star League)
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The Second Army was responsible for maintaining the peace along the Draconis Combine/Federated Suns border after the War of Davion Succession. They also had to maintain supply lines for the SLDF's Third, Fourth, Eighteenth, and Nineteenth Armies. After the War of Davion Succession ended, "bandits" raided across the border. As a result each of the Divisions in the Army was highly experienced, and the Second's policy of rotating Divisions every nine to twelve months only helped them sharpen their skills. Though many of the citizens of the Suns appreciated the Second Army's presence, citizens of the Draconis March were angry with the Army for allowing the War of Davion Succession to continue for as long as it did.
In 2766 the 2nd Army became responsible for garrisoning the entire Federated Suns when the 3rd and 4th Armies were both deployed forward into the Periphery in response to the Periphery Uprising. To augment the 5th the SLDF High Command transferred in 29 assorted regiments of troops from the 1st Army under the command of the 2nd Army Headquarters on Small World.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Army (Star League)|
- General George Roy was a graduate of the War Academy of Mars. He had previously served in the Thirty-Ninth Royal BattleMech Division during Operation SMOTHER.
Different per Unit.
Corps of the 2nd Army
- The Star League, p. 150, "Second Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 47
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 42, "Second Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 47, "Second Army"