XVI Corps (Star League)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||"The Sweet Sixteen"|
|Parent Formation||Second Army|
In 2764 the Sixteenth was part of the Second Army, assigned to the Federated Suns Military Region. Assigned to the central portion of the Federated Suns Draconis March, the Sixteenth and its component units were very unpopular - almost hated - by the Federated Suns citizens in the region. This was due to the SLDF's delay in stopping the War of Davion Succession. Despite this hatred, no unit of the Sixteenth Corps was a participant in Operation SMOTHER. To keep matters from flaring up, units of the Sixteenth Corps were kept on a tight leash, lest they inadvertently start problems between the Federated Suns and Star League.
One clever public relations move was the use of contracts between Federated Suns military contractors and the SLDF's Quartermaster Corps. The Quartermaster Corps hired Norse BattleMech Works to produce chassis for several designs which then received advanced weaponry installed by SLDF techs at supply depots. The Quartermaster Corps then went on to use local Federated Suns suppliers for equipment, allowing several units of the XVI Corps to look similar to a well-equipped AFFS unit. This increased the good relations as it showed the citizens of the Draconis March that the SLDF was supporting them not just militarily, but economically as well.
XVI Corps was headquartered on Dobson, and the two independent regiments were based here as well. These two independent regiments had a pair of Tramp JumpShips equipped with Lithium Fusion batteries.
However, in 2765 an uprising occurred in the Periphery, requiring the corps's redeployment to the Third District to fill in gaps left by the Third Army. However, the uprising had been secretly orchestrated by Stefan Amaris to accomplish his takeover of the Terran Hegemony.
- 75th BattleMech Division
- 100th BattleMech Division
- 53rd Infantry Division
- 105th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 136th Mechanized Infantry Division
- 128th Jump Infantry Division
- 125th Light Horse Regiment
- 62nd Hussar Regiment
- The Star League, p. 150
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 50
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 51