24th Scorpion Cuirassiers (Escorpión Imperio)
|24th Scorpion Cuirassiers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3086)|
|Nickname||The Khan's Own|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
Clan Goliath Scorpion
The Twenty-fourth Scorpion Cuirassiers form the honor guard for the Khans of Clan Goliath Scorpion. Scorpion warriors vie for postings to this unit, as a position in the unit is the second-highest honor a warrior can attain. (Having their genetic legacy passed on to future generations is the highest honor.) In 3059 the Sixty-seventh Battle Trinary was detailed as Khan Suvorov's honor guard traveling with her wherever she went.
In November 3074 Khan Suvarov took the Twenty-fourth to Shadow on a mission to meet Clan Fire Mandrill, however a full naval star from Clan Coyote prevented their landing on the planet and the Khan moved her force on to Dagda.  Here they found the planet in decline, its ecosystem having become unstable. The few Mandrill survivors still on the planet were rescued and absorbed into the Clan after a brief Trial of Possession which saw Khan Suvarov knocking out Star Colonel Hampton Schroeder in a boxing match.
As part of the multi-Clan force Alpha Galaxy including the Twenty-fourth Cuirassiers dropped onto New Kent in mid December 3075 as part of the Steel Viper Annihilation. Alpha secured its main objective of the Shandrake Massif research facility by the end of day two. Fighting continued for at least a further week before orbital bombardment reduced the last Viper strongpoint to dust.
Combined operations specialist.
The Cluster was at full strength - rated Elite and Fanatical.
The Cluster was at 20% full strength - rated Elite.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 111, "24th Scorpion Cuirassiers Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 164
- Field Manual: Update, p. 78, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 127, "Scorpion Gambit"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 129, "Scorpion Gambit"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 150-151, "Focussed Aggression"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 157-158, "Escorpión Imperio (Periphery Nation)"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 160-161, "Imperio Militar del Escorpión (as of 3086)"