28th Cruiser (Clan Diamond Shark)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Twenty-eighth Cruiser Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Parent Formation||Gamma Galaxy|
As a part of Gamma Galaxy the Twenty-eighth Cruiser Cluster was on Twycross when Blakist sympathizers launched the Bloody Tricentennial attacks that struck across the Inner Sphere. On Twycross, the Trellshire Heavy Industries plant was destroyed in a nuclear explosion intended to both destroy the factory and the garrisoning Clan Diamond Shark forces from Gamma Galaxy who had been lured to the plant by a series of earlier explosions.
While the other elements of Gamma Galaxy that survived the Jihad redeployed to Itabaiana, the Twenty-eighth remained in the Twycross system, stationed aboard the Carrack-class transport Devourer, which had been left crippled in the Twycross system by an accident.
Each component of the cluster has their task. The fast 'Mechs, with a ground speed of at least 90 kph, are used as storm troops. Because the elementals use head-hunter tactics with devastating effect. At least the fighter provide air cover and ground support when needed to their comrades.
Twenty-eighth Cruiser Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Star Colonel Stanislaus Clarke
- - At this point in time the Twenty-eighth was stationed on Itabaiana and was operating at ninety percent of full strength. Almost ninety percent of the Cluster was equipped with Omni-technology.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 115, "Gamma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 70, "28th Cruiser Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 124, "Gamma Galaxy (Snapping Jaws Galaxy)"