2nd Kavalleri (Rasalhague Dominion)
|2nd Kavalleri Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3076)|
|Parent Formation||Polar Galaxy|
The Second Kavalleri is a Clan Ghost Bear second-line BattleMech Cluster, which originally consisted of soldiers whom were members defunct Free Rasalhague Republic formerly of the BattleMech Regiment of the same name.
After the merging of the Republic into the Ghost Bear Dominion, Clan Ghost Bear would by 3074 would re-organize the KungsArmé into a new Clan oriented military fighting force. The regiment had been cut half and reduced to a Battalion size and tweaked into a Clan Cluster. During the 2nd Kavalleri reconfigured as a Clan Ghost Bear 2nd Line force, much of its original members would under take series of Trials of Position to retain their place in the Cluster. Assigned to the newly formed Polar Galaxy, the unit would soon be redeployed within the Dominion in order to free of Clan frontline Combat units to fight the Word of Blake.
Ice Hellion Raid of Damian
In early 3076, Clan Ice Hellion assaulted world Damian after series of raids through the Ghost Bear Dominion. The 2nd Kavalleri's aerospace fighter elements forced the Hellion's DropShips to ground themselves. Despite being under strength, the Kavalleri's ground and aerospace fighter conducted a series hit and run attacks on Clan Ice Hellion warriors in attempt to keep it pinned down until reinforcements to arrive. In course of the fighting outside of the planetary capital, the forest which battle was occurring would be set ablaze as the Kavalleri were taken apart by Hellion forces. Despite that, the Kavalleri's sister clusters 2nd Freeman and 3rd Drakøn successfully destroy the Hellion raiders.
During the Second Combine-Dominion War, the Second was posted to Trondheim in 3100. The Draconis Combine had dispatched the 11th Ghost regiment, supported by the WarShip, DCS Draconis Rift in attempt to take the planet. When the Eleventh landed, the Second sent a request for reinforcements to Rasalhague, and they held defensive positions in the planet's spaceport. Just as the Second was going to leave to engage the Combine forces, the rest of Polar Galaxy arrived and forced the DCMS units to withdraw.
- 2nd Kalvalleri Cluster
Note: As of December 3076, the unit was headquarters out of Krenice at 70% of fighting strength. The Unit was considered to be Veterans dual loyalty of Reliable to both Clan Ghost Bear and people of the former Free Rasalhague Republic.
Unit Note: The Cluster, like other Clan KungsArmé forces equipment consist of mix of ComStar, Draconis Combine, Lyran, Clan Second-Line 'Mechs and by 3077, some Word of Blake BattleMech as well.
As of this writing, its unclear if any attached non-BattleMech forces are assigned to 2nd Kavalleri.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 - Unit's configuration and origin as Inner Sphere Regiment.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 59 - Reorganization of KungsArmé, which includes the 2nd Kavalleri as a Clan Ghost Bear combat force.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 101 - Domestic Affairs - KungsArmé merge and Trials to retain their warrior status noted.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 - Unit's formation and reconfiguration as a BattleMech Cluster from it Regiment origins.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, Hellion Renegades Test Rasalhague Defense - 2nd Kavaleri's battle on Damian and its bad outcome for the 2nd Kavalleri.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 105 - KUNGSARMÉ / Polar Galaxy stats on the Cluster.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 35
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076,p. 105 - KUNGSARMÉ / Polar Galaxy.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 -Equipment note.