33rd Lyran Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|33rd Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Fourth Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 33rd Lyran Guards was one of six regiments within the 4th Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 33rd lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 33rd Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 33rd and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the Thirty-third and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
In 2765 the 33rd Guards were stationed on Fefferfer, an important posting; Fefferfer was home to a large manufacturing complex owned and operated by the Lyran 'Mech Corporation, the second largest BattleMech manufacturer in the Lyran Commonwealth. The Fefferfer complex manufactured BattleMechs and aerospace assets, and was in the closing stages of an expansion at the time; rumor had it that LMC had solicited opinions from the MechWarriors of the 33rd for the design for a new light assault 'Mech or heavy 'Mech.
33rd Lyran Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Thirty-third was based on Fefferfer.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"