3rd Mechanized Infantry Division
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|3rd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Junkers Division|
|Parent Formation||VIII Corps|
The Third Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Third was assigned a part of VIII Corps within the Fourteenth Army and was assigned to District 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The Third was then transferred to District 2 by 2765in response to the Periphery Uprising. The 3rd was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"