3rd Sainze Honor Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|3rd Sainze Honor Guard Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Sainze|
The Third Sainze Honor Guard Battle has existed since the founding of the Kindraa.
In late 3068 the Third was part of a force that attacked Niles along with warriors from Kindraa Mick-Kreese-Kline. They gained Safcon and issued a Batchall for the industrial facility of Industriplex Upsilon. This was defended by the Horse's Eta Galaxy who used the complex's heavy defences to good use, only a surprise flanking maneuver breached the Horse's line to take the facility. Two weeks later in January 3069 the Horse's Beta Galaxy counter attacked and in a swift action defeated the defending Fire Mandrills. Refusing to call in reinforcements the Third and the Seventh Honor Guard Striker fought on in a meat-grinder of a battle that they eventually won. 
When Scorpion Khan Ariel Suvorov declared a Trial of Refusal against Garret Sainze's election as ilKhan in February 3071, Sainze met Suvorov's forces on Shadow. In a three-day campaign four Clusters from his Kindraa battled a like number of Goliath Scorpions; by the end of the fighting Sainze had perished, along with most of his warriors. The Clusters involved are not recorded but as a front line it is highly likely the Third was in this force and destroyed.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 46, "Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 76, "Clan Fire Mandrill"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 37, "Politics and Problems"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 63-64
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 64, 191