44th Dieron Regulars
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
|44th Dieron Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Crusaders of Dieron|
|Parent Formation||Dieron Regulars|
One of the newer Dieron Regular regiments formed in the wake of the Clan Invasion, the Forty-fourth Dieron Regulars were destroyed during their first major combat action during the Combine-Ghost Bear War.
The Forty-fourth's insignia was an Oriental dragon drawn in more crude style compared to the one featured in the House Kurita crest. When on parade, the Forty-fourth also carried its insignia depicted in gold on a white banner.
The Forty-fourth Dieron were formed in 3056 when the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Bureau of Substitution detached two green battalions from the 12th Dieron Regulars and authorized their expansion to regimental strength. The new regiment's CO Tai-sa Brian Quick provided his new unit with both its nickname of the Crusaders of Dieron as well as its regimental insignia as a means to quickly focus the hearts and minds of his troops on the glory of Forty-fourth. Tai-sa Quick configured the Forty-fourth differently from most DCMS commanders, segregating his unit by weight to a much greater extent than the norm, with First Battalion consisting primarily of assault weight machines with only a few fast mediums scouting, while his Second and Third Battalions were mostly light 'Mechs with only a few heavies for support. 
|Commanding Officers of the 44th Dieron Regulars|
The Forty-fourth's primary tactic was to use its heavy-weight First Battalion to anchor the middle of its battle line with each of its two lighter battalions on its flanks, using them to both draw off and entangle its opponents as its heavier force served as the anvil. When operating separately, each battalion employed similar tactics on a smaller scale as well. The Forty-fourth preferred to use its infantry to purely counter enemy infantry assets and keeping communication lines open during battle. Its armor elements were deployed early, but not committed until the Forty-fourth's BattleMech forces had divided an enemy force.
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Brian Quick
- XO: Chu-sa Nicole Lindsey
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Hohiro Saragosi
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Louis McGill
- Wing Commander: Sho-sa Wayne Gabriel
- Armor Commander: Tai-sa Richard Smith
- Attached Armor support
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Michel Hunter
- Attached Infantry support
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 57, "DCMS Rosters - Regulars - District of Dieron - 44th Dieron Regulars: Crusaders of Dieron"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 107 "Draconis Combine - Dieron Regulars"
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 8, "Forty-fourth Dieron Regulars"