4th Arcturan Guards
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Fourth Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Clio Regiment|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
The Arcturan Guards brigade was originally founded as the Capitol Guards when the Lyran Commonwealth was founded as a nation in 2341, and the brigade changed it's name to the Arcturan Guards sixty years later when the government of the Commonwealth was relocated from Arcturus to Tharkad. The Fourth Arcturan Guards was one of the nine founding units of the Guards, and like the other Guards units was named for a muse from ancient mythology - in this case, Clio.
Star League Era
Like the other regiments of the Arcturan Guard, the Fourth struggled with boredom and ennui during the closing years of the Star League era; the Star League Defense Force acted as an effective deterrent in the main, making large-scale military deployments for the Fourth a rarity, and leaving the regiment to occupy itself with training exercises and garrison duty.
In the mid-2760s the Fourth suffered a tragedy that brought the regiment much closer to its sister regiment, the Fifth; members of the Fourth were being transported aboard the DropShip LCS Viper when the Viper crashed - and when the Viper crashed, it crashed into the Fifth's parade display. Both units were still rebuilding in 2765, and the Star League Intelligence Command expected both regiments to begin training together extensively in the near future.
- Fourth Arcturan Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- The Fourth Arcturan Guards appear to have been casualties of the Succession Wars.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"