66th Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|66th Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The Sixty-sixth Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Sixty-sixth was assigned, as a part of the XXV Corps, Eighth Army, to District 1 of the Free Worlds League Military Region. While the Sixty-sixth was stationed on the world of New Olympia tensions between the two governments that ruled the planet began spilling out onto the streets, prompting Captain-General Kenyon Marik to deploy the Third Marik Militia to the planet on a peacekeeping mission. The Sixty-sixth was ordered to remain on normal duties by the SLDF chain of command, which viewed the situation as a matter internal to the Free Worlds League. After the Third took casualties during the course of their mission a battalion from the Third lashed out at the Sixty-sixth, apparently out of frustration and resentment over the SLDF remaining inactive during events such as the destructive Marik Civil War. The battalion from the Third attacked a patrol from the Sixty-sixth, prompting the Sixty-sixth to retaliate. The Sixty-sixth nearly destroyed the Third, while Kenyon Marik subsequently claimed that the battalion had gone rogue and had been ignoring orders from the Colonel in command of the regiment. The SLDF Intelligence Command believed that the attack may have been an effort by Kenyon Marik to find a way of waging a covert war against the SLDF.
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 4-5, "Goals of the State"
- The Star League, p. 141, "Eighth"
- The Star League, p. 133