7th Robinson Chevaliers
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Seventh Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||Argonauts of the Fleece|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Seventh Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Seventh the regiment was known as the "Argonauts of the Golden Fleece" and an interest in aquatic activities carried across into regimental tactics. Members of the Seventh identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
The Seventh was highly proficient in underwater combat, an odd specialisation that developed as a result of the regimental tradition of holding team-building exercises that revolved around unpowered blue-water sailing.
Seventh Robinson Chevaliers (Veteran/Reliable)
- - The Seventh were stationed on Royal at this point in time. The Seventh was close to the top of the supply chain within the brigade at this point in time and felt well-cared for as a regiment, which had morale in the unit at a high.
- The Seventh Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Seventh appears to have been named after the Order of the Golden Fleece which was founded in Bruges by the Duke of Burgundy in 1430. The Golden Fleece associated with the order was of some contraversy in medieval times until the bishop of Châlons identified it as being the fleece associated with the fleece of Gideon that received the dew of heaven, rather than the fleece associated with feats of Jason.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Morale"