(References to Royal)
Royal neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||183 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Crown, Scepter)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Hot)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler||Baron Monty Tennant II|
 Owner History
- 2596 - Federated Suns 
- 2750 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Federated Suns 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3062 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3130 - Federated Suns 
 Planetary Garrison
 Planetary History
Royal was one of the worlds engulfed in conflict during what became known variously as the Second Hidden War of the Star League era, also known as the War of Davion Succession. Following the launch of an offensive against the Federated Suns by the Draconis Combine, the AFFS had launched a counter-offensive against the Combine but quickly found itself being forced to retreat in the face of the much better prepared DCMS.
With the war going badly for the Federated Suns, First Prince Joseph Davion took command of the military operations on Royal personally, taking to the field in his Marauder BattleMech; this led to his death at the battle for Baron's Harbor, when Davion's Marauder was crippled and immobilized. DCMS infantry forces captured the First Prince, pulling him from his cockpit, forcing him to kneel and then beheading him. The death of Joseph Davion led to the AFFS forces on Royal collapsing and quickly being pushed from Royal.
Royal would remain in Combine hands until the Star League Defense Force launched Operation SMOTHER, the deployment of five Divisions of SLDF troops to restore order and seperate the combatants. The SLDF Divisions were given authorization under the terms of the SLDF charter to do whatever was necessary to resolve the conflict; when the 160th BattleMech Division established a beachhead on Royal, the DCMS forces attempted to overrun the SLDF forces and push them off-world. The 160th resisted the Combine attack effectively, driving the DCMS troops back and then eventually offworld. Among those who received awards for gallantry during the battle of the beachhead was a young Captain Aleksandr Kerensky, the future Commanding General of the SLDF.
 Nearby Planets
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Era Report: 2750, p. 127, "Royal"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 133 - "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 19 - "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 18, "A Plague On Both Your Houses: The War of Davion Succession (Second Hidden War)"