8th Albiero Militia
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|8th Albiero Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
Destroyed by Clan Smoke Jaguar forces in 3050 during the Clan Invasion. Albiero was invaded by Clan Smoke Jaguar in July 3050, one of the last worlds invaded during the Third Wave of Operation REVIVAL. The battle between the 8th Albiero Militia and the First Jaguar Guards' Trinary Command, Trinary Striker and Alpha Elemental Star was particularly fierce, with the militia immediately attacking the invaders upon their landing and pushing them towards the Dartson Ridge. Backed up against the ridge line the militia's armored battalion used artillery to trap the Clan forces. This lasted until Trinary Striker broke free in a fierce assault and eliminated the artillery units, allowing Trinary Command and the Elemental Star to disengage and locate the Eight's supply depots. Here they laid in wait for the militia to come and resupply, and when the militia regiment's command company walked right into the trap they were annihilated, ending the battle. Only a few companies chose to continue fighting, escaping into the hills and launching periodic raids on the Smoke Jaguar garrison throughout the rest of the invasion.
- Invading Clans, p. 66
- Invading Clans Sourcebook, p. 66