9th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Clan Invasion Box Set ‘Mechs Revealed!
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Read more →
|9th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Pride of Puget Sound|
|Parent Formation||IX Corps|
The Ninth Mechanized Infantry Division Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The Ninth Division received its nickname because its ancestor unit had been stationed near Puget Sound. In 2764, the unit was stationed on Cartago, assigned as a part of the IX Corps, Second Army, to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region. It was then transferred to District 2 in 2765 in response to the New Vandenberg Uprising.
With the start of the Amaris Civil War, the 9th would survive the Hegemony Campaign to take part in the liberation of Terra itself. In combination with the 332nd BattleMech Division, the Ninth would lead the invasion of North America from across the Bering Strait into Alaska. Appropriately, the Ninth Division was the first to enter Puget Sound and glimpse Unity City on September 3, 2779, and took part in the final battles of the war. Having survived the downfall of the Star League, it would join Aleksandr Kerensky in his exodus.
|Commanding Officers of the 9th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Nicole Snaaijer||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 150, "Second"
- The Star League, p. 93
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 49, "9th Mechanized Infantry Division"