Alpha Galaxy (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Cloud Cobra Touman|
Alpha Galaxy has been the backbone of the Clan Cloud Cobra Touman since its founding, a fact that has caused it to be rebuilt three times. After the conquest of the Pentagon Cluster, many of the hundreds of new warriors who joined the Galaxy rebelled against the constrictive Clan culture. Khan Rafe Kardaan was forced to purge seventy percent of the Galaxy for their heresy.
In 2872 the Cloud Cobras' mortal enemy, Clan Coyote, attacked the recently-settled world of Priori. Only one of Alpha's Clusters, along with a few hundred of the colony's twelve thousand inhabitants, escaped the onslaught. However, the survivors were able to salvage some of Coyote's OmniMechs, and within five years the Galaxy had recovered and expanded using the stolen technology.
As of 3061 to 3067 the commanding officer was Galaxy Commander Aldrich Spaatz. Spaatz, a member of the Quarani Cloister, has improved the Galaxy's skill and morale since his appointment nine years prior.
As the sole user of the Clan's only Battle Cluster, Alpha Galaxy is unique in using its mass of OmniMechs to overwhelm its opponents, while the aerospace units are held back to deliver the final blow.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 32, "Alpha Galaxy Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 75, "Clan Cloud Cobra Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 176