- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Clan Jade Falcon|
Arimas Malthus was a Star Colonel of Clan Jade Falcon during the late Clan Invasion era. He was a product of a genetic engineering program begun by Elias Crichell, specifically bred for intelligence and combat ability. Arimas was a very skilled warrior who accurately "read" opponents. Kael Pershaw saw much potential in him and recruited Arimas into the Falcon arm of the Clan Watch. He participated in the Jade Falcon Invasion of Coventry. There, Arimas helped Marthe Pryde to elaborate the Falcons' strategy. He was put in command of the Star charged to the defense of the little town of Whitting, where the Falcons had installed their rear command. Soon, a small strike force led by Caradoc Trevena and Shelly Brubaker, who defeated the star, taking the command and capturing Arimas. His subsequent interrogation revealed to the allied forces the Falcons' real plans and reasons for the invasion. When Marthe Pryde accepted hegira from Victor Davion, Arimas was returned to his Clan. The warrior felt humiliated by his defeat, and during the Great Refusal petitioned Marthe for the chance to participate, to redeem himself. She given it. During the Great Refusal, Arimas piloted a Turkina against elements of ComStar's Second Division. It was during this fearsome battle that Arimas' Turkina took massive amounts of damage that classified the 'Mech as destroyed (the 'Mech was still standing and still had weapons to fire.) Arimas refused to be knocked back or brought down. Khan Marthe Pryde was so impressed by his actions during this battle she pressed the leaders of House Malthus to allow him to compete for a Bloodname. Somehow, later he won the name, and later was promoted to Star Colonel.
- The Battle of Coventry (scenario pack), p. 61
- Prince of Havoc, p.105-109
- The battle of Coventry scenario pack indicates that Arimas won his bloodname following the Bloodright trials that followed the Wolf-Falcon War. However according to the Novel Prince of Havoc Arimas had not attained his bloodname yet.