The Vibrosword is a larger version of the personal Vibroblade, a special type of melee weapon whose blade vibrates at an extremely high frequency, allowing it to penetrate both flesh and armor. Bulkier than a traditional sword the blade's vibration also creates a distinctive hum which can alert an attentive opponent. While difficult to find the vibrosword is a popular weapon, with DEST commandos carrying a variation known as the Vibrokatana. 
- Technology:Advanced technology
- Equipment Ratings: E/D-D-C/D
- Age of War/Early Star League:Rare
- Succession Wars:Rare
- Clan Invasion:Uncommon
- armor piercing/base damage:6M/3
- shots:1 PPS
- mass:2.5 KG
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 134, "Vibrosword"
- A Time of War, p. 255, "Modern Melee Weapons - Table"