- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Clan (Advanced) (Society)|
|Communications System||Proto-Type A|
|Targeting Tracking System||SAT-PM1|
|Jump Jets||MegaTan Lifters|
The Boggart ultraheavy ProtoMech was developed by The Society as a flanker and harasser unit. It was named for the insulting name given to the original ProtoMechs by the members of Task Force Serpent. The Boggart was the first attempt to build a production-worthy quad ProtoMech. It is able to intercept communications signals from other units and determine where the targeted unit is placing most of its attention. This allows the Boggart's pilot to target those units that aren't expecting an attack, making the assault even more effective. The Boggart's relatively high ground speed is coupled with a 150 meter jumping capability to allow it to quickly engage multiple foes.
Weapons and Equipment
The single Plasma Cannon mounted on the Boggart is particularly effective against overheating 'Mechs. Conventional infantry and vehicles are also quickly damaged by the weapon. As a result, the Boggart is one of the Society's most effective ProtoMechs. Unfortunately, the limited amount of ammunition storage forces the Boggart to carefully select its targets or risk running out of ammunition.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 211
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 212
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 49