- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Brunel Dump Truck|
|Manufacturer||Achernar Heavy Industries|
|Use|| Construction |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Larged (Wheeled)|
|Top Speed||50 km/ph|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Petrochemical/ 909 km|
|Crew||3 (3 enlisted/non-rated)|
Originally designed for Basantapur Fine Metals, the Brunel Dump Truck was conceived for germanium strip mining operations on the world of Colorado in 2637. The massive vehicle was designed to haul over 200 tons of ore from these mines. Shortly after its conception, the Brunel gained popularity over its Earthwerks competitors. The vehicle continues its service in the Inner Sphere, with production continuing at Achernar Heavy Industries.
The vehicle is among others which gained popularity among sub-culture racing fans, whom compete with the trucks in truck pulling and racing competitions. These trucks are modified with more powerful engines and other equipment that invalidates the manufacture's warranty.
Equipment and Capabilities
Exclusively during the Pentagon Civil War in Clan Space, the waring factions known as the Pentagon Powers militarized existing civilian vehicles they had on hand to help bolster their respective the dwindling Military forces. The Brune number were converted into rootamentary combat vehicle, with strapped on weapons systems.
While in the Inner Sphere, similar has been known to refit these vehicles similarly to the ones listed below. Other ad-hoc refit/variants not listed have been suggested to use Morters and PPCs among other such weapon systems. These versions, routinely make these rearward facing units, with anti-infantry weapons in the cab/cockpit and mount a basic form of fire control to guide whatever weapons a group choose to mount on them.
- Brunel Dump Truck (AC)
- Used in 2801, this was of two known combat conversions was used by the Pentagon Powers. Principally a ambush vehicle, this conversion is fitted with three Class-20 Autocannons mounted rearward in it's dumper/truck bed. Each of the it's guns has single ton of ammunition to allotted to them. Only as minor defense against infantry attacks, a pair of Machine Guns are mounted forward. The weapon systems are controlled by a Basic Fire Control system, giving them some accuracy. The chassis's commercial armor is replaced with nine tons of Standard Armor, with the majority of armor protection focus to the rear of the vehicle to protect the main weapons. BV(2.0)=1,092
- Brunel Dump Truck (LRM)
- The second refit/variant introduced and used by the Pentagon Powers starting in 2801]. This is a long-range fire support vehicle. The conversion is fitted with four 20-tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers mounted rearward in it's dumper/truck bed. The launchers have five tons of ammunition feed on from it's ammo bin. Like the AC refit/variant, this conversion shares same militarized changes which included; a Basic Fire Control system and the nine tons of Standard Armor with the majority of armor protection focus to the rear of the vehicle. BV(2.0)=1,263
As of this writing, the Standard version of the Brunel does not have a record sheet published for it. The all variants of the Brunel including those listed in Historical: Operation Klondike do not have published record sheet as of this time. However MUL does provide the Battle Value for armed variants in the Historical. The armed variants listed above from TRO: VA Revised similarly have not been given a MUL Listing for any units appearing in TRO:VAR have yet to be listed.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 10, "Brunel Dump Truck"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 26, "Brunel Dump Truck"
- online date for the Brunel
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised, p. 230, "Armed and Dangerous/Support Vehicles" - Brunel Dump Truck
- Historical: Operation Kondike, p. 158, Vehicle Refits/Dump Truck "Brunel named as basis of the AC twenty variant of the Brunel used during the Pentagon Wars. No BV assigned from source, no record sheet made for it.
- MUL Profile for the Brunel Dump Truck (AC) - Introduction Year & BV (2?) listed. It is uncertain if this is BV2 or not.
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 158,"" Vehicle Refits/Dump Truck "Brunel named as basis of the LRM twenty variant of the Brunel used during the Pentagon Wars. No BV assigned from this source, no record sheet made for it.
- MUL Profile for the Brunel Dump Truck (LRM) - Introduction Year & BV (2?) listed. It is uncertain if this is BV2 or not.