|Burro II Super Heavy Cargo Truck|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Medium)|
|Crew||2 (2 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Burro II Super Heavy Cargo Truck is produced by the Iveco Corporation. The truck is principally used as an all-terrain cargo vehicle, first seeing service in the Chaos March, where its rugged suspension system allows it to able to handle rough terrain found on the worlds of that region. The vehicle's design, after showing promise in the Chaos March, begun further production both in the Free Worlds League and the Capellan Confederation.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Burro II is equipped with a fusion engine and independent motors for each of the vehicle's wheels, which propel it at 50 km/h when the vehicle transverses off-road situations. Unlike its smaller sibling, the Burro II is not fitted with a front-mounted manipulating arm to help handle cargo and other items. It also has a forward mounted Search Light.
- It is unclear what the Burro II looks like. In the associated image for the "Growler/Burro Trucks" (in Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised), two identical trucks (from differing angles) are depicted, though unidentified as either of the three profiled support vehicles. However, since the other two two mass 1 and 2.5 tons respectively, the Burro II (massing 50 tons) is the most likely one depicted. (Additionally, the associated image file hosted on the Master Unit List is named "Iveco _Burro II_ Super Heavy Cargo Truck.png", supporting this conclusion.)
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 131, "Iveco Corporation Company Profile"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 24, "Iveco Burro Trucks"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 22, "Burro Trucks"
- MUL entry for the Burro II