- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
As at December 3059 the Congress-class frigate Shining Claw was serving as the CGB Shining Claw within the Clan Ghost Bear touman and was part of a naval convoy moving through the Deep Periphery when it encountered Task Force SERPENT.
The Shining Claw was transporting two Union-C-class DropShips at the time - the CGB Ice Storm and CGB Sanguine Rime - and was accompanied by a pair of Whirlwind-class destroyers, the CGB Fire Fang and CGB Ursus. The Shining Claw, Fire Fang and Ursus moved to engage Task Force SERPENT while attempting to buy time for the Invader-class JumpShip CGB Winter Wind to quick-charge and jump out of the system to warn the Clans of the presence of an Inner Sphere WarShip flotilla moving through the Deep Periphery.
The Inner Sphere forces led by the Com Guard Cameron-class battlecruiser ISS Invisible Truth were the victors in the engagement, subsequently dubbed Trafalgar, and the Shining Claw was destroyed; the Ursus was also lost, and the Task Force claimed the intact Fire Fang as isorla, along with some three hundred warriors and more than a thousand civilian caste members. The Winter Wind was unable to jump out before being boarded and captured, leaving the Clans unaware of the existence of Task Force SERPENT.
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 18, "Defender"
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 17, "Scenario 1: Trafalgar"
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 10, "Beyond The Periphery"