- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Max Thrust||3 g|
|Armament|| 3x ER Large Lasers |
5x Large Pulse Lasers
12x Medium Pulse Lasers
6x Gauss Rifles (12 tons ammo)
3x LRM-20s with Artemis IV FCS (9 tons ammo)
|Armor|| Fore: 28 |
|Heat Sinks||126 (252)|
The Union-C-class DropShip is a redesign of the venerable Union to better suit Clan needs, as the older ships taken from the Inner Sphere were no longer compatible with the Clans' military organization. The ship can carry a whole trinary of OmniMechs while being better armored and armed than its precursor.
The weaponry of the Union-C is based on laser weapons plus Gauss Rifles and LRMs, but the ship was not designed for long fights as its ammunition can be depleted within 10 minutes. The Union-C matches the upgraded Union that was introduced by Inner Sphere forces in weaponry, though the Clan ship boasts better heat management and superior armor.
Up to 520 tons of cargo can be carried inside the DropShip separated into three decks—two for 'Mechs (5 on top and 10 on bottom) and one for miscellaneous cargo. The ship features 3 Escape Pods.
- online date for the Union-C
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 234
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 80