- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Power Plant||225 Fusion|
1 x ER PPC
|Communications System||Comm IV|
|Tracking & Targeting System||T&T Type 3X|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (1.0)|| 1,296|
Originally named the Striking Moongoose, the Chaeronea boasts impressive first strike capacity for a light AeroSpace Fighter.
Originally developed by Clan Mongoose as a lighter and faster version of Clan Snow Raven's Stooping Raven, the design was secured by Clan Smoke Jaguar after they absorbed Clan Mongoose. Unwilling to use a craft bearing the name of a defeated and thus unworthy Clan, ilKhan Victoria Ward's Uniform Designation Protocols allowed the Jaguars to rename and excise the fighter of its "taint" and step up production. Quickly spreading to the toumans of all other Clans, the Chaeronea was rendered obsolete after the introduction of the Bashkir OmniFighter but continues to see heavy service among the more resource-poor Clans.
One of the quickest Aerospace Fighters ever designed, the unique combination of its high speed and unexpectedly powerful and long ranged extended range particle projection cannon make the Chaeronea highly effective at reconnaissance and as a first strike fighter. The 225 rated Fusion Engine, three tons of fuel and ten double heat sinks gives the design impressive endurance, with its only let-down its minimal three tons of armor plating.
Weapons and Equipment
Built around a single nose-mounted Series 1B ER PPC while most of its competitors of the same weight mount only smaller and shorter ranged lasers, the Chaeronea can hold its own against larger craft, at least while its armor holds out.
Aerospace Fighter Gallery
- MUL online date for the Chaeronea
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 160-161, "Chaeronea Fighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 25
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 285
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 26
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 286
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 27
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 287
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 288