|Power Plant||225 Fusion|
1 x ER PPC
|Communications System||Comm IV|
|Tracking & Targeting System||T&T Type 3X|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (1.0)|| 1,296|
Originally named the Striking Moongoose, the Chaeronea boasts impressive first strike capacity for a light AeroSpace Fighter.
Originally developed by Clan Mongoose as a lighter and faster version of Clan Snow Raven's Stooping Raven, the design was secured by Clan Smoke Jaguar after it absorbed the Mongoose Clan. Unwilling to use a craft bearing the name of a defeated and thus unworthy Clan, ilKhan Victoria Ward's Uniform Designation Protocols allowed the Jaguars to rename and excise the fighter of its "taint" and step up production. Quickly spreading to the toumans of all other Clans, the Chaeronea was rendered obsolete after the introduction of the Bashkir OmniFighter but continues to see heavy service among the more resource-poor Clans.
One of the quickest AeroSpace Fighters ever designed, the unique combination of its high speed and unexpectedly powerful and long ranged extended range particle projection cannon make the Chaeronea highly effective at reconnaissance and as a first strike fighter. The 225 rated Fusion Engine, three tons of fuel and ten double heat sinks gives the design impressive endurance, with its only let-down its minimal three tons of armor plating.
Built around a single nose-mounted Series 1B ER PPC while most of its competitors of the same weight mount only smaller and shorter ranged lasers, the Chaeronea can hold its own larger craft, at least while its armor holds out.
- Chaeronea 2 - An attempt to improve the Chaeroneas lack of armor, it replaces the ER PPC for four ER Medium Lasers, two per wing, allowing an addition two tons of armor. BV (1.0)= 1,394 BV(2.0)=1,381
- Chaeronea 3 - Exclusively fielded by the Snow Ravens, this variant again drops the ER PPC and uses an XL Engine to free up weight for an ER Large Laser in each wing and an additional three double heat sinks. BV (1.0)= 1,488 BV(2.0)=1,450
- Chaeronea 4 - This Jihad era variant carries a single ER Large Laser tied into a Targeting Computer. It also carries a Light Active Probe and Light TAG system. BV(2.0)=988
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 160-161, "Chaeronea Fighter Profile"
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 25
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 285
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 26
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 286
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 27
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 287
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 288