|Power Plant||220 XL Engine|
|Communications System||Raveneye 6|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Hawk Pattern 7|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (2.0)|| 2,068|
The lightest and fastest OmniFighter in service with the Clans, the Bashkir was originally developed by Clan Snow Raven, though small numbers appear with all Clans. Its small size means that its armor protection, payload, and endurance are severely limited, though its high speed makes it ideal for reconnaissance missions and swift strikes against unprepared targets.
The Bashkir is swift and super-maneuverable, which would normally make it an ideal atmospheric dog-fighter. The limited three tons of fuel onboard each fighter reduces its endurance in low atmosphere, however, which makes encounters with the Bashkir more likely in high atmosphere or in space where they can coast, using their few tons of fuel to change vector. Fragile as much because of its small size as its use of an XL Engine and Ferro-Aluminum armor, these advanced technologies drive up the cost of the fighter even while freeing up 4.5 tons of pod space.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary Bashkir configuration, seen most frequently with Clan Steel Viper, mounts an ER Small Laser directly above a Streak SRM-2 in the nose, supported by a ER Medium Laser on each wing tip. Best-suited to close-in dog fighting, this model is usually assigned to a first-response space-superiority role, performing similarly to the Inner Sphere's Sparrowhawk. Although able to inflict only light damage on most targets, the Bashkir can usually delay enemy attackers until heavier OmniFighters arrive in the battle area.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A configuration has a more restricted firing arc than the primary because all its weapons are mounted in the nose. The SRM-2 is upgraded to an SRM-6, and the small laser to a Medium Pulse Laser, giving the fighter a lower damage potential, but a better "scatter" effect for scouring the surface of the target. The Bashkir A uses a ballistic weapon as its primary armament. This limits its battlefield endurance, but gives it a fair punch in a dogfight. BV (1.0) = 767, BV (2.0) = 763
- Alt. Config. B
- Designed to project power at range, B variant mounts an LRM-5 under each wing. Two tons of ammunition means that the Bashkir is likely to run out of fuel before its missile launchers go silent, with a single small laser as back-up if they ever do. Some Bashkir B fighters operate in conjunction with a Sabutai B, having had all their missile warheads programmed to home on the Narc beacons delivered by the heavier fighter. BV (1.0) = 689, BV (2.0) = 697
- Alt. Config. C
- The primary ground attack version, the C configuration mounts an ER Large and ER Small Laser which give the craft a good strafing ability and allow it to engage airborne/spaceborne targets, while limiting the fighter's exposure to return fire. While the placement of both lasers in the nose restricts their firing arc, it makes it easier for the pilot to bring all weapons to bear against a single target. BV (1.0) = 1,088, BV (2.0) = 1,069
- Alt. Config. E
- Apparently designed to support ground forces, the Bashkir-E was introduced during the Jihad. Each wing carries a trio of ER Small Lasers, while the nose is equipped with triple Machine Guns mounted in a Machine Gun Array. A half-ton of ammunition is provided in a CASE protected ammunition bay. BV (2.0) = 877
Imagines of the Bashkir
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 176-177, "Bashkir OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 14
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 176
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 296
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 146-147, "Bashkir Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 128-129, "Bashkir OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 15
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 297
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 16
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 298
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 17
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 299
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 300
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 301
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 86