|Manufacturer||Lootera Spaceworks (Huntress)|
|Power Plant||300 XL Engine|
|Communications System||Schedule 11|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Mark 11|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double Heat Sinks|
A heavy OmniFighter originally from Clan Smoke Jaguar, the Sabutai is designed to pack a massive amount of firepower, using forty-four and a half tons of podspace. Even using ferro-aluminum armor, it is not an especially tough frame for the weight, and can suffer from heat problems with its energy weapons. It first was engaged in the Trials of Position to engage the Inner Sphere.
The prime variant relies on its Gauss Rifle, which carries a full ton of ammo. It also has an impressive selection of wing mounted energy weapons that can cause serious damage to enemy fighters. It only carries two ER Small Lasers on the rear of the craft.
 Alternate Configurations
- Alt Config A - Featuring a trio of large bore autocannons, a nose mounted LB 20-X AC supported by an Ultra AC/20 in each wing, the A can unleash a incredibly devastating hail of fire but is hampered by only carrying three tons of LBX reloads and a mere two tons for the ammo hungry Ultra guns. A back-up array of ER Small lasers, one fitted next to each autocannon, and a pair of ER Medium Lasers mounted aft barely provide enough protection when it attempts to resupply. BV (1.0) = 2,076, BV (2.0) = 2,406
- Alt Config B - The B variant is an artillery spotter, carrying sophisticated electronics, including an ECM Suite and a TAG spotting laser. It can designate targets with its 12 Narcs. It carries five LRM-20 launchers, a Large Pulse Laser and an ER Small Laser on the nose. It also has a Medium Pulse Laser to discourage pursuit. It is a rare variant, seen only among the toumans of Clan Nova Cat and Clan Steel Viper. BV (1.0) = 2,555, BV (2.0) = 3,086
- Alt Config C - The C variant is an all energy variant, boosting the double heat sinks by 22. It uses a quad nose mount of ER Large Lasers with two ER Small Lasers in the core. The wings carry three ER Medium Lasers. This variant is excellent for strafing runs and dogfighting. BV (1.0) = 2,972, BV (2.0) = 3,099
- Alt Config D - Building on the success of the Sabutai-C, the D configuration replaces the four extended range large nose lasers with four Heavy Large Lasers, retaining the ER small laser. An ER medium is dropped from each wing to increase the extra number of double heat sinks carried to twenty-four in an effort to cope with the Config D's increased waste heat output. BV (1.0) = 2,463, BV (2.0) = 2,647
- Alt Config E - Appearing during the Jihad the Sabutai-E carries a nose mounted Active Probe to find enemy targets. Once they're identified, the pilot engages them with a HAG/40 and Heavy Medium Laser in each wing. For rear defense, the fighter carries a Heavy Small Laser. The E version carries more fuel than the others, allowing it to remain on-station for a longer time. BV (2.0) = 3,159
- Alt Config X - Also introduced during the Jihad, the Sabutai-X carries five LRM-20 launchers paired with experimental Artemis V Fire Control Systems. An ECM Suite disrupts electronics while a Medium Pulse Laser covers the after aspect of the fighter. BV (2.0) = 3,277
- Alt Config Z - This version of the Sabutai was developed by The Society. Like most of their designs it carries a Nova CEWS. Offensive firepower comes from a nose mounted ER PPC and a pair of iATM 9 missile launchers mounted in the wings. It also carries sixteen double heat sinks.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 192-193, "Sabutai OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 135
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 184
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 345
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 160-161, "Sabutai Fighter Profile"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 144-145, "Sabutai OmniFighter Profile"
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 137
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 346
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 136
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 347
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 138
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 348
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 349
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 350
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 351
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 88