- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Cormorant Medium Cargo Transport|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Use||Civilian Medium Maritime Cargo Hauler|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||WiGE (Medium)|
|Cruise Speed||50 km/h|
|Flank Speed||80 km/h|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Petrochemical/2,580 km|
|Armament||2 x Machine Guns|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 6|
|Crew||3 (2 enlisted/non-rated, 1 gunner)|
The Cormorant Medium Cargo Transport is a Federated Suns vehicle produced by Michaelson Aircraft, a division of Michaelson Heavy Industries. The Cormorant is noted for being the most common WiGE in the FedSuns, produced since the late twenty-seventh century. The WiGE was designed to be used on worlds with large oceans. One of its more notable features, it being inexpensive, due to having no need for airstrips.
It was designed with modest protection to fend off natural and human planetary threats to its cargo. The vehicle was typically used on Ulysses, where natural born predators are known for their size and aggression. During the FedCom Civil War many smugglers on Ulysses also became users of the Cormorant to move illegal cargoes. Finally the Ulysses militia purchased several of the craft and used them to drop a battalion of marines on top of the pirates' headquarters.
Equipment and Capabilities
- Fulmar Patrol Craft - Militarized version of the Cormorant, which outwardly resembles its parent design. However, it is faster and better armored than the original.
As of this writing, there are currently no canon record sheets for this support vehicle.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 88, "Cormorant Medium Cargo"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 88, "Cormorant Medium Cargo"
- online date for the Cormorant