- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Fulmar Patrol Craft|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Use|| Maritime Patrol |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||WiGE (Medium)|
|Cruise Speed||70 km/h|
|Flank Speed||110 km/h|
|Power Plant||ICE |
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Petrochemical/2,857 km|
|Armament|| 2 x Light Machine Guns |
4 x Mine Dispenser
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 8|
|Crew||3 (2 enlisted/non-rated, 1 gunner)|
The Fulmar Patrol Craft is a product of Michaelson Aircraft, which wanted to create a militarized version of its popular civilian cargo hauler. The craft, like its civilian counterpart, was designed for maritime patrol and anti-pirate operations.
The craft's most notorious use was on the Federated Commonwealth world of Ulysses, where a large quantity of Fulmar fell into the hands of pirates. These pirates and smugglers operated in shallow coastal seas and caused significant disruption to cargo transports. This forced the Ulysses Navy to organize unarmed freighters and transports into convoys so they could escort them safely. The Ulysses Navy also deployed its own Fulmars to counteract the pirate WiGEs. In end, the navy organized a squadron of Fulmars to land a battalion of marines on Penelope island to assault the pirate's lair.
Equipment and Capabilities
The latest version of the Fulmar, which premiered in 3059, sports pair of Light Machine Guns, with one mounted on each side of the craft. Its amphibious chassis is protected by 3 tons of BAR 7 grade commercial armor. The craft has a cargo bay of 15.5 tons, enough to carry a company of troops. The bay door, like on its commercial counterpart, is mounted in the rear of the aircraft. The door allows for troops to parachute from the Fulmar while it in flight if situation calls for it. It also carries four Mine Dispensers at the rear, allowing it to deny large areas to the enemy.
- Cormorant Medium Cargo Transport
- Original version of the Fulmar, which outwardly resembles. However, due to its nature its slower and has less armor protection. It does have large cargo capacity.
As of this writing, there are currently no canon record sheets for this support vehicle.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 88, "Fulmar Patrol"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 88, "Fulmar Patrol"
- online date for the Fulmar
- Date for Fulmar (Original)
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 84, "WIGE Support Vehicles"