- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Top Speed||21 km/h|
The Corona is a battle armor design that was created by Clan Star Adder following the Trials to determine which Clans would take part in Operation Revival. Khan Cassius N'Buta understood that the Clans would be forever altered by their contact with the Inner Sphere, so he created a team of warriors and scientists to create new technologies and designs to help the Adders keep their edge.
This think tank gave birth to the Corona shortly thereafter, but it was different enough from the Elemental battle armor that it took ten years for new tactics to be created to make use of it. The team decided to build the battlesuit around a weapon that could threaten 'Mechs from a distance. The mass necessary to mount such a heavy weapon resulted in a twenty percent armor decrease and the removal of the jump pack, despite a fifty percent overall increase in mass. Though the Corona cannot jump, it does boast a ground speed twice that of the Elemental suit, and it can also be delivered to the field on OmniMechs. Its size does preclude it from making anti-'Mech attacks, however. Following the Adder Absorption of Clan Burrock, they put the Corona into production, though it was years later before they used it in combat.
Weapons and Equipment
A single Medium Pulse Laser is what the entire Corona is built around. This weapon is highly accurate and has a much greater range than any heavy weapon the Elemental suit mounts, even longer than its missiles can boast. The laser can support other units and a Corona Point is a serious threat to any enemy. In the event that a Corona unit is faced with unarmored infantry, it carries an anti-personnel weapon mount that can mount a light weapon to deal with such an enemy.
- The weapons of this variant do not have quite the range, though they are more powerful. An SRM-5 launcher with three shots gives this version its name. After those missiles have been fired, the "SRM" Corona can call upon a Heavy Recoilless Rifle and a Heavy Flamer. It retains the Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount. BV (2.0) = 80, 72
- MUL online date for the Corona
- Combat Equipment, pg. 34
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 239
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 122
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 240