|Author|| Christian Grainger|
Philip A. Lee
Steven Mohan Jr.
Blaine Lee Pardoe
|Development||Jason Schmetzer (Editor)|
|Cover artwork|| Anthony Scroggins (art)|
Matt Heerdt (design)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||14 August 2014|
|Preceded by||Fire for Effect|
|Followed by||Front Lines|
Counterattack (subtitle: BattleCorps Anthology Volume 5) is a print anthology of 12 short stories previously published via BattleCorps throughout 2008, plus one previously unpublished story (High-Value Target). As usual, it also includes a foreword ("Forward") and an "About the Authors" section.
From the back cover
|“|| A Star League Gunslinger fights against overwhelming odds during a rebellion. A dauntless warrior faces his most painful trial yet, far from home and all but alone. Mercenaries, betrayed from within, lash out at all who threaten them. And the Word of Blake, always present, plots and schemes and maneuvers allies against each other.
Thirteen stories of combat, honor, betrayal and death fill the pages of Counterattack: BattleCorps Anthology Volume 5.
Savvy readers will reckognize now-familiar names in BattleTech lore among the authors: Steven Mohan Jr., Kevin Killiany, Phaedra Weldon, Jason Schmetzer, Jason Hardy and Blaine Lee Pardoe. These writers have shaped the direction of the BattleTech universe. In 2008, with these stories, they took the fictional storylines of the BattleTech universe and fought back. They told the stories that demonstrated the indomitable will that has carried BattleTech readers across more than 25 years of publication.
- An Ill-Made House, by Jason Schmetzer
- Unholy Union, by Chris Hussey
- Abandonment, by Blaine Lee Pardoe
- With Carrion Men, by Phaedra Weldon
- First Acquisition, by John Helfers
- High-Value Target, by Philip A. Lee
- Twisting in the Vacuum, by Jason Hardy
- Godfather, by Jason Schmetzer
- Blue Waters, by Steven Mohan Jr.
- Office Politics, by Ben Rome
- Godt Bytte, by Kevin Killiany
- The Smaller Sacrifice, by Chris Grainger
- Feral, by Jason Schmetzer