David Light Gauss Rifle (Battle Armor)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|David Light Gauss Rifle|
|Year Availability||3063 (FW)|
|Mass Per Reload||.75kg (15)|
|Ammo BV (2.0)||1|
The "David" Light Gauss Rifle is a version of the self-same infantry support weapon, developed by the Free Worlds League, which has been adapted for use on Battle Armor. The "David" was produced originally as a means of giving conventional infantry a weapon with the range and firepower to defeat battle suits while remaining (somewhat) portable, though gauss rifles like the "David" have since become a favorite weapon for battle suited troopers to wield themselves. In order to be mounted on suits this "David" incorporates extra fittings and cooling jackets, increasing the weapon's size and bulk while making it more effective.
- TechManual, p. 317
- Combat Equipment, p. 14-15
- TechManual, p. 258