|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Överste Mika Bergström|
Eriksson's Einherjar is a mercenary unit made up of former Kungsarme members who have sworn to avenge their fallen comrades. In 3052 the 4 company strong command assaulted Jabuka, where they met the 1st Viper Guards. Only a quarter of the mercenaries survived the heavy fighting. The Einherjar's founder was amongst those killed in combat, and his successor led the unit to the Circinus Federation for rest and refit. Since then the Einherjar have sided with the Word of Blake because they were employed with the Federation.
At the end of June 3072 the seperatist Democracy Now movement in the Lyran Alliance unveiled its own Democratic People's Army - consisting largely of Eriksson's Einherjar. It's likely that the Einherjar's service to Democracy Now was short-lived, as the Kaumberg Planetary Guard assaulted Novara, center of the Democracy Now movement, in August 3072 and apparently shattered the Democratic People's Army.
The Einherjar's preferred tactic is to drop directly into an enemy's position and concentrate their fire power for superiority.
Dragoon Rating: F
Eriksson’s Einherjar (2 BattleMech Companies)
- CO/Bergström’s Hammare: Överste Mika Bergström
- XO/Sundby's Kavellerie: Överste-Löjtnant Ursula Sundby
- Heavy and Assault 'Mechs with high-tech weaponry
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 32, "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 20
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22-23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"