Europa (Individual Leopard-class DropShip)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The Europa was a Leopard-class DropShip serving with the Gray Death Legion by December 3057. It should not be mistaken for the Union-class DropShip of the same name that the Gray Death Legion also operated.
In December 3057, Grayson Carlyle traveled from Hesperus II to the system's zenith jump point aboard the Europa, ostensibly to put down a mutiny aboard its sister ship Io. This was part of a ruse that eventually allowed him to capture a JumpShip and the recharge station, and send a message to a Lyran fleet in the Furillo system to stop Brandal Gareth's insurrection.
Along with the Io and Ganymede, Europa was mentioned to be carrying infantry and support vehicles, suggesting it was modified and not configured as a 'Mech carrier anymore. (The Io was later shown to be able to launch at least four NL-42 "Battle Taxi" small craft carrying battle armor troopers, but no detailed description was given for the other two.)
- Operation Excalibur, p. 198 (PDF edition; page numbering for print edition may differ