- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||ComStar Titan Yards|
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Sail Diameter||1,700 m|
|Safe Thrust||1 g|
|Top Thrust||1.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||32|
|Armor||100 tons Ferro-Aluminum|
|Crew|| 132 crew |
|Grav Decks||2 (each 110 meters)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats|| 10 escape pods |
10 life boats
A fairly unusual design based on the Star League-era Newgrange class, the Faslane-class Yard-Ship is built around a massive unpressurized shipyard/repair bay. It essentially performs as a mobile ship repair yard that can dock other starships of up to 2,000,000 tons for repair, maintenance or construction.
In accordance with its unusual design, it is very large for its mass of 550,000 tons: Although massing only slightly more than a Whirlwind-class destroyer, the Faslane is three times as long.
Nominally a non-combat vessel, the Faslane class nevertheless carries a sizable array of weapons. Capital weapons include eight Medium NPPCs on all angles, two NAC/10s facing front and aft, and two broadside mounted NAC/20s, with 40 tons of ammunition for each NAC class. Unlike many Star League era warships, the Faslane has notable anti-fighter defensive armaments, comprised of 32 ER Large Lasers and 16 LRM-20 systems slaved to Artemis IV FCS units.
It is armored with 100 tons of Ferro-Aluminum armor that is only really intended to protect against accidental collisions, not stand-up fighting.
The entire front of the Faslane is an unpressurized repair bay. Massing 50,000 tons, this portable drydock has the capacity to service vessels up to 2,000,000 tons. The Faslane is also equipped to carry 137,405 tons of supplies and material for its repair work.
It was confirmed by the BattleTech Line Developers that all six of the Faslane class yardships were destroyed by the Word of Blake. This was later contradicted by information in Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, which said three yardships survived and were based at Terra.
- MUL online date for the Faslane
- Explorer Corps, p. 106
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 114
- Catalyst Game Labs Ask The Writer Forum, Øystein, "All of ComStar's Faslane-class YardShips were destroyed by the Word of Blake."