4th Robinson Chevaliers
|Fourth Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Fourth Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade and was for a long time associated with both the planet Sakhara and the premiere military academy on the world, the Sakhara Academy. This association began some thirty years after the founding of the Robinson Chevaliers and continued throughout the Star League era. While the Fourth would receive combat postings to other worlds, Sakhara remained their home base and if contingents from the Fourth were available they would form the opposing force for the exercises conducted by each year's graduating class.
The Fourth took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Fourth the chivalric order was the Golden Spurs. Members of the Fourth identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the Golden Spurs.
Fourth Robinson Chevaliers (Veteran/Reliable)
- The Fourth Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Fourth appears to have been named after the Order of the Golden Spur, the oldest of the Papal chivalric orders.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"