- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|FWL-3R Fwltur SalvageMech|
|Manufacturer||New Earth Trading Company|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Type 7 IndiPlate Commercial|
|Engine||Victory Fusion 105|
|Communications System||NETC COMSET 3.2|
|Targeting Tracking System||TargiTrack 717 w/Beagle Active Probe|
The Fwltur is an early Post-Jihad era SalvageMech developed by the New Earth Trading Company of New Earth to profit from the recovery efforts of the newly formed Republic of the Sphere. The Fwltur was designed to allow it be used in any atmospheric or vacuum environment that may present a challenge to its user. The 'Mech was openly sold to many legally licensed companies operating in the Republic and some companies who weren't.
Weapons and Equipment
The SalvageMech features a pair of salvage arms and a rear-mounted lift hoist to aid in its principal job of salvaging wrecked equipment and other assorted items. A Beagle Active Probe and a searchlight are fitted as part of the 'Mech's means of searching for potentially hidden items in various locations. The Fwltur is designed to function in hazardous environments, where its environmental sealing protects it from harm. The 'Mech is also protected by 3.5 tons of BAR 5 grade Commercial Armor, adequate enough to handle potential non-combat situations. As part of its all-planetary environment capacities, it has a 105 rated fusion engine and three BattleMech-scale Underwater Maneuvering Units for underwater operations.
The Fwltur has no official production variants; however, NEC does offer customization with the aid of its staff for customers who need the 'Mech adjusted to their requirements.
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 36-37, "FWL-3R Fwltur SalvageMech"
- MUL online entry for the Fwltur
- MUL online entry for the Fwltur FWL-3V SalvageMech variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 163