- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Introduced||Mid thirty-first century|
|Mass||400 kg. kg|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
The PEX-2B Gorilla is an Industrial Exoskeleton which was designed as a modest-cost civilian exoskeleton. The suit was created during the mid thirty-first century when Star League technology became available again. With the introduction of the Battle Armor, Star Corp used newly regained Star League technology to produce the exoskeleton.
Aimed at smaller companies which wouldn't normally to be able purchase high-end Exoskeletons, StarCorp's gambit paid off. Tens of thousands of the suit have been sold across the Inner Sphere and Periphery. It has been particularly popular with the construction trades.
Between 3068 and 3069, sales of the Gorilla spiked in the Arc-Royal Theater. Later investigation found that the survivors of Wolf's Dragoons were buying large numbers of the Gorilla and using them on Outreach.
Weapons and Equipment
The exoskeleton has been equipped with a Standard and Salvage Arm manipulators. The suit has been fitted out with a searchlight and cutting torch mounted on the body. It is protected with only 50 kilograms of standard armor. With its at minimum speed of 10 kph, the suit is unsuited for battlefield salvage jobs.
The Gorilla has equipment rating of D/X-X-C/C.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 15
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 190, "Gorilla/Salrilla" - Profile on Gorilla.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 180
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 16