- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Chassis||Jalastar Mk. V-CH7 Endo Steel|
|Engine||PlasmaStar 250 XXL|
|Communications System||Telestar Model R4-11Y|
|Targeting Tracking System||Jalastar TargiTrack 753|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||162 km/h (216 km/h with MASC)|
Manufactured by Jalastar Aerospace from their plant on Panpour, the Gunsmith entered service shortly before the Blackout. Despite discontent over the high price tag attached to the Gunsmith - in large part due to the extra-extralight engine - the Gunsmith quickly earned a fearsome reputation as a pursuit BattleMech and raider. Although capable of overheating if the MASC system is overused, the Gunsmith can exceed two hundred kilometers an hour when running, and the combination of the Jalastar Mk. V-CH7 endo-steel chassis and an XL Gyro allowed the Gunsmith to mount five and a half tons of Reflective Armor, which reduces the chance of the expensive PlasmaStar engine taking damage before the Gunsmith can escape from combat. The Gunsmith also makes use of a Full-Head Ejection System.
Weapons and Equipment
The Gunsmith is well-armed for its weight, mounting a quartet of Martell-X Medium X-Pulse lasers, installed in pairs in each arm.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 32, "CH11-NG Gunsmith"
- MUL online date for the Gunsmith
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 193