- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Armor||Kallon Unity Weave Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||GM 300 XL|
|Communications System||Wunderland XXXV-2 Series|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez|
Designed at the wake of the Victoria War, the Hanse Main Battle Tank is an early thirty-second century Combat Vehicle originally produced for the armed forces of the Federated Suns. The AFFS commissioned the creation of the tank using the lessons the service had learned from the conflict. However, despite the best of intentions, the Hanse MBT would end up having a significant flaw in its overall good design. Though it had firepower to eradicate enemy units it confronted, the vehicle lacked critical flexibility of a turret that would have brought those weapons to bear. This flaw made the tank highly vulnerable to flanking attacks as well as Battle Armor attacks.
The design would end up gaining a bad reputation due to this flaw and produce regulated secondary militias and mercenary companies who would learn to work with its flaws to make it an effective combat vehicle.
Weapons and Equipment
The tank is powered by a 300-Rated GM Extra-Light Fusion Engine, giving modest flank speed. However, engineers also added a Supercharger giving it the ability to boost it speeds briefly to 86 kph. Eleven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor is applied to the design's hull with the addition of CASE protecting it from the possibility of an ammunition explosion.
Prominently mounted in its front are the Hanse’s main guns - a pair of Jalastar Engineering Plasma Rifles with four tons of ammunition. To give it tactical flexibility, the tank also carries a single Mydron Snakekiller Light Class 5 Autocannon with two tons of ammunition. Lastly, the tank has four GM Light Machine Guns mounted in pairs in Sponson Turrets on each of its sides.
The Hanse MBT was first created by Wizkids in its MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Age of Destruction expansion set. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
- online date for the Hanse MBT
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 22-23, 72 Hanse MBT - BV.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 187
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 22-23, 72 Hanse MBT - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 22-23, 72 Hanse MBT - Stats.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 22-23, 72 Hanse MBT - Quirks.