Heavy Machine Gun
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Heavy Machine Gun|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/ Clan|
|Year Availability||IS = 3068|
|Tons|| Clan = 0.5
IS = 1
|Ammo Per Ton||100|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||1,000|
|BV (2.0)|| IS = 6|
As its name implies, the Heavy Machine Gun is a larger version of the standard Machine Gun. First introduced by Clan Smoke Jaguar, their demise hastened its dissemination to the other Clans, while the Taurian Concordat was able to perfect the Inner Sphere version of the weapon. Twice as heavy as its more traditional cousin, the Heavy Machine Gun does half again as much damage, though at the cost of a third of the already short range.
The Heavy Machine Gun is manufactured on the following planets:
|Ceres Arms Model 8||Capella?||Ceres Metals Industries||???|||
|Series XIV||Unknown||Luthien Armor Works||SM2 Heavy Artillery Vehicle|||
- TechManual, p. 290, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment - Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 294, "Heavy Weapon Ammunition - Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 228, "Heavy Machine Gun"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 26-27, "SM2 Heavy Artillery Vehicle"