|Manufacturer||Vining Engineering and Salvage Team|
|Tech Base||Tournment Legal|
|Engine||Core Tek 275 Fusion|
|Armament||Defiance B3S Small Laser|
|Armor||Corning 84 (Industrial)|
|Communications System||Sipher WideCom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hartford T100M|
 Description & Brief History
The Hyena was created as an arena and later battlefield salvage 'Mech by the VEST of Solaris VII. The design started life originally built from converted Kintaro BattleMechs, later started offered for sale in 3066. VEST only finished one production run prior to the Word of Blake sacking Solaris VII in 3068. First production units went to various mercenary groups, Great Houses, and even several Periphery nations, including the Rim Collection. VEST had sold one Hyena at reduced price to a specialized salvage team, Skibinski's Salvage. This was to showcase their SalvageMech's ablities to various prospective customers through the unit's travels.
In 3072 WoB forces dealt a blow to the Hyena’s sales with the destruction of VEST's production facilities in the city of Xolara. Sales of other SalvageMechs such as the Jabberwocky began to lure potential buyers away.
 Equipment & Capabilities
The 'Mech is capable of lifting over 100 tons with its lift hoists and Industrial Grade TSM. The 'Mech is equipped with a Salvage Arm in its right arm actuator. Its two lift hoists are mounted on the rear of each side torso. The design is environmentally sealed from hostile conditions. The 'Mech is armed with a single Small Laser to fend off scavengers and would-be infantry attackers.
100 tons at half its speed.
- HYN-KTO (Prototype) - The original Hyena was constructed from unarmed Kintaro BattleMechs. Only two were built. Both prototypes were lost in 3072 to Blakist attacks. This version had a Medium Laser in the center torso, had an eight ton cargo bay and a lift hoist mounted on left and right torso, and a salvage arm in the right arm. They retained the Ferro-Fibrous armor of their donor chassis. BV(2.0)=933
- HYN-4B - Custom built from makeshift facilities, VEST built three Internal Combustion Engine versions of the SalvageMech for Solaris Home Defense League. It replaced the small laser with a Machine Gun and a ton of ammunition. The less efficient engine reduced the top speed to 64km/h. BV(2.0)=405
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 417
- ↑ Mercenaries Suppliment page 150-151 - Original Hyena fluff
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075 - JAB-66B Jabberwocky profile page 228 - customers unable purchase Hyena turn to more available Jabberwocky.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 419
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 418