Inquisitor II (SecurityMech)
|Manufacturer||Irian BattleMechs Unlimited|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
Designed specifically for security work for Irian BattleMechs Unlimited, the Inquisitor II is an advanced IndustrialMech that was first introduced during the Dark Age era. The design is the successor to the original and smaller Inquisitor, which was also used exclusively to safeguard the mega corporation's production facilities.
Weapons and Equipment
Armed similarly to a BattleMech, the design features many aspects that militarized combat units usually are equipped with. At the heart of the machine is a Fusion Engine, giving it a modest maximum speed of 64 kph. The Inquisitor II has armor which is comparable to that of a Light BattleMech. To aid in its main task of security, the Inquisitor is equipped with a Beagle Active Probe.
To hold its own against militarized intruders, the 'Mech is armed with a Light Class 5 Autocannon in its right arm. The weapon is fed by two ammo bays, allowing its pilot to load different ammunition types. In close range, where its autocannon is not as effective, the 'Mech relies on its 4-tube Short Range Missile launcher with one ton of ammunition. The ammo for the 'Mech's weapons is protected by CASE II, giving the design some degree of survivability should its ammo be detonated in combat. Lastly, its most advanced weapon is a TSEMP Cannon. The Tight-Stream-Electro-Magnetic-Pulse Cannon allows the Inquistor II use its fusion engine to disrupt enemy's electronics and possibly shutdown the enemy combatant. All the weapons are guided by an Advanced Firing Control system, which gives it's accuracy on par with military built combat 'Mechs.
- Inquisitor - The original 35-ton version of the Inquisitor II, the unit was deployed in the 31st century.
- Peacemaker - An early SecurityMech that was intended for law enforcement, produced by Irian, and created as a companion design to the the original Inquisitor.
- This Inquisitor II was first featured in Turning Points Irian and had only a record sheet.
- As of this writing, the Inquisitor II has no introduction date nor any written background aside from information from its original, the Inquisitor, which has not been given a record sheet as of this date.
- MUL Profile for Inquisitor II ITW-200 SecurityMech
- Turning Points: Irian, p. 31 Inquisitor II ITW-200 - Record Sheet with BV2 and era vehicle was featured.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised, pp. 4, 208, 228 Copper - The Inquisitor's background information related to the newer Inquisitor II.
- Turning Points: Irian, p. 31 Inquisitor II ITW-200 - Record Sheet information with stats.