- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3069)|
|CO||Lieutenant Colonel Sergei Krivokrasov|
This former Capellan Confederation Armed Forces unit a deep hatred for House Liao. Since the split from their home nation during the Fourth Succession War the command has worked exclusively for factions who oppose the CCAF. The Cossacks have been in St. Ives employ since 3054. The unit split from their sister regiment Rubinsky’s Light Horse after the brutal reunion of both states in 3063. Since then the unit has worked for the Federated Suns.
The unit carefully observes their enemy for any mistakes, and then uses this to their advantage.
A special agreement with Earthwerks Limited gives the mercs unlimited support whenever required. The entire unit can be transported with their three (Overlord-class) DropShips and their Invader-class JumpShip.
Dragoon Rating: B
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Mikhail Khorsakhov
- XO/2nd Battalion: Lieutenant Colonel Sergei Krivokrasov
- 3rd Battalion: Major Boris Panchenko
- A heavy regiment with 30 percent upgrades. Light 'Mechs are supported by fast heavies and assault BattleMechs.
- Wing Commander: Major Simone Platt
- The 3 squadrons (Arrow, Dart and Sling) contain 20 percent upgrades.
In 3056 it is stated that Khorsakov's Cossacks were working with Free Capella under Tormano Liao. They were part of a planned operation that would have hit Shiloh alnog with Peter Steiner-Davion. Kai Allard Liao paid off the Colonel Nikohali Khorsakhov. This was discussed in detail in Assumption of Risk. Which throws off the timeline of the signing with St.Ives Compact.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 81, "Unit Profile"
- Assumption of Risk, p. 279-281, 342