- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Krester's Ship Construction|
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Sail Diameter||715 m|
|Safe Thrust||2.5 g|
|Top Thrust||4 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||16|
|Armament|| 24x Heavy NPPCs |
16x Medium NPPCs
24x LB 10-X ACs
5x Large Pulse Lasers
10x ER Large Lasers
47x Small Pulse Lasers
|Armor|| Fore: 180|
|Grav Decks|| 1x 65 meter diameter |
1x 85 meter diameter
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||20/20|
|Heat Sinks||2,500 Double Heat Sinks|
Designed originally as a proof of concept vessel by Krester's Ship Construction, the Kimagure-class pursuit cruiser (Kimagure translates to "capricious" in Japanese) was so impressive, the SLDF placed an initial order for 12 vessels, with more to follow.
Due to the large prow extending below its forward hull, the Kimagure has a distinct silhouette, which has given the vessel nicknames like "hatchetface". On the opposite end of the vessel, the very large interplanetary drives of the Kimagure dominate the stern. The Kimagure was very well-liked by crews.
The Kimagure boasts a fantastic mix of heavy armor, corvette-like maneuverability, and devastating firepower. These exceptional attributes combined to make the Kimagure one of the premiere cruisers of the fleets of the Star League.
However, the Kimagure was surprisingly prone to destruction, primarily a result of poor heat management. A Kimagure surrounded on multiple firing arcs by hostile vessels only had enough heat sinks for broadsides against a single target, prompting adversaries to attempt to pincer and overwhelm a lone Kimagure.
Only 5 Kimagures survived the Amaris Civil War, all of which departed the Inner Sphere with Aleksandr Kerensky. Two of these vessels were upgraded to the new Conqueror-class battlecruiser/carrier by Clan Snow Raven in the middle of the 31st century.
The armament of the Kimagure is devastating. The vessel boasts naval PPCs covering all quarters, save the aft firing arc. Combined with naval-grade autocannons, every approach to the Kimagure is fraught with peril. The Kimagure also wields an extensive array of ER Large Lasers and Small Pulse Lasers to fend of attack by smaller AeroSpace assets.
Though the Kimagure can function as a transport, the class is not meant to carry cargo. The Kimagure has a pair of DropShip collars, and just 2 bays. The first bay can carry 2 squadrons of AeroSpace Fighters, but the second bay can only manage less than 9,000 tons of cargo.
- Kimagure Surprise
- Only a single ship of this variant was constructed, the SLS Surprise, which launched in 2756. This design varied from the standard Kimagure in several ways. Firstly, the four Heavy NPPCs and four Medium NPPCs mounted in the nose of the ship had been replaced with a single Light Mass Driver supplied with thirty rounds of ammunition and four of the Heavy NPPCs in each broadside had been removed. The number of fighters carried by the ship had been increased from twelve to thirty-six, and the amount of cargo space had almost doubled, with the ship capable of carrying 17,493 tons of cargo. The design also featured slightly increased structural and sail integrity and was forty-three meters longer. The SLS Surprise conducted tests of the Light Mass Driver that demonstrated a number of flaws with the design, including damage being inflicted on the Surprise when the weapon was fired. Further tests were postponed while the Surprise underwent a refit, but the start of the Amaris Civil War prevented any further development or the manufacture of any further ships of this class.
- Conqueror-class battlecruiser/carrier – in anticipation of Operation Revival, Clan Snow Raven began upgrading Kimagure-class pursuit cruisers. However, when it became clear the Inner Sphere no longer possessed WarShips, Clan Snow Raven halted production, completing just 2 ships of the new ship class.
Kimagures in action as part of Task Force Leonidas
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 218, "Kimagure WarShip Profile"
- MUL online date for the Kimagure
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 220, "Kimagure"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers, p. 15, "Kimagure Surprise"